"Our story about success and development"

History

Since the start of activities in 1981, Dan-Bunkering has been a pioneer in the bunker trading business. The first many chapters have been a story about success and development, and the company has rapidly become one of the world’s leading bunker companies.

 

The history of Dan-Bunkering can be traced back to 1876 when Julius Mortensen Shipping was established in Fredericia, Denmark. Nearly 100 years later – in 1974 – the company bought a local shipping company, and changed the name to H. Sommers Eftf. Shipping ApS.

 

Short after, the company's business area was expanded from shipping alone to include bunker trading of fuel and oil products. By 1981, the bunker activities were separated into an independent company; Dan-Bunkering ApS. Three years later, the bunker company was converted to A/S Dan-Bunkering Ltd.

 

The Middelfart department became the head office when the company established an office in Copenhagen in 1987. Since then, the bunker company has established offices in Shanghai (2004), Kaliningrad (2006), Singapore (2009), Monaco (2011), Houston (2012), Beijing and Dubai (2013), and Valparaiso, Montevideo, and Stamford (2015). Latest, Dan-Bunkering signed partnerships for physical supplies in Buenaventura, Colombia (2015) and Cartagena, Colombia (2016). Today, Dan-Bunkering has more than 110 skilled and dedicated employees stationed all around the world.